I got nominated for the Liebster blog award twice! I’m so humbled. Blogging has been such a blessing to me, and it has been so awesome to connect with other bloggers from all over the world!
For those of you who don’t know, the Liebster Blog Award is an award given to a blogger by a blogger. “Liebster” is a German word which means “Dearest.” My first nomination was from Rachel at Dysfunctionally Normal. Stay tuned for Part 2 🙂
Here are the rules:
- The nomination has to be to a blogger who has less than 200 followers
- The nominated blogger (me!) answers a set of questions from the person who nominated you
- The nominated blogger then nominates five more bloggers with their own set of questions
Here are my questions from Rachel!
1. What do you love most about your life?
One of the things that I love most about my life is being married to my very best friend, my husband.
2. Are you a Dog or Cat lover?
Definitely a dog lover. My mom bought a mini poodle when both of my brother left the house. And I just love him!! Cats….not so much. I’m super allergic to them.
3. East Coaster or West Coaster?
A little bit of both. I was born in California but have lived on the east coast most of my life. California definitely has my heart though.
4. What is your “go to” uniform?
Hmm..A good pair of jeans and my blue and red striped polo shirt. Cute simple and easy to get on!
5. What is your favorite song?
My favorite song changes quite a bit, because it’s usually based on my mood. So right now it is: Usher – She Came to Give it To You
6. What is your favorite city in the world?
7. What’s your favorite class that you have ever taken, and why? Have you done anyting with what you learned in that class?
My favorite class was Hip Hop and Social Issues by Dr. B. Hands down the best class I have ever taken in my life. Hands down the best professor I’ve ever had. He was so creative, innovative, and engaging, and he truly truly cared. I loved his teaching style. He taught out of the box which is what students need to stay engaged! My life is shaped by who I am as an African American woman so what I learned in that class really provided insight on many of my experiences as a Black woman in America (good and bad!!). I think I even still have the binder for that class lol
8. What was the best workout you have ever done?
Before our local athletic club was bought out by LA Fitness 😦 there was a Total Body Fitness class that I loved. It impacted every aspect of your body and had solid routines that you could use at home!
9. What was it that first prompted you to start a blog?
I initially started this blog as a financial advice blog and to also hold myself accountable for my financial goals. But I expanded it because I did not want to limit myself and felt that I had more to say!
10. When cooking for a special occasion, what is your go-to meal?
My go to meal for a special occasion: Baked chicken, macaroni and cheese, collard greens or kale, sweet potatoes, my famous apple cranberry stuffing, dinner rolls, and my never failing recipe for Sour Cream pound cake!
11. Who is your favorite Disney princess?
Growing up, I loved The Little Mermaid!
If you are a blogger and would like to be nominated for the Liebster Blog Award, please comment below! The first five will be nominated!
Here are my 11 questions!
1. What has been your favorite blog post so far? (Embed the link in your answer!)
2. Who would you love to sing back up for?
3. What was your favorite vacation?
4. What is one thing that is unique about you?
5. If you could meet anyone dead or alive who would it be?
6. What’s the inspiration behind your blog’s name?
7. If you could only take three things with you an a deserted island what would you bring?
8. What is your dream job?
9. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
10. Where are your favorite places to shop?
11. Describe your dream kitchen!