My husband and I are always trying to find different and fun things to do when we plan our date nights. Dating is so essential in cultivating a good relationship, but there’s so much more to do than dinner and a movie!
With fall coming (it’s already here in Upstate NY!) why not go on some dates to enjoy the beautiful fall season? Here are my top 10 fall inspired date ideas for you and your beau!
1. Winery or Brewery – Do you have local wineries or breweries in your area? Stop by and sample some great locally made drinks. Such a great and fun time. Just make sure you eat something before you go! 😉 lol
2. Apple picking – This is one of my absolute favorite things to do in the fall. Living in Upstate, there are so many apple farms where you can not only pick apples, but buy great homemade baked goods. So so so fun!! This idea is great for a double date too!
3. Carving pumpkins – Going to pick a pumpkin is fun in itself. Don’t just go to the grocery store if you can help it! Go to a local farm that harvests pumpkins, carve it at home and don’t forget to roast those pumpkin seeds!
4. Cooking class: To me, the colder it gets, cooking at home becomes easier and easier. Find a cooking class in your area where you can learn some new fun recipes for home! Cooking is a great date idea because it involves communication, team work, and flirting..always include flirting when cooking! It makes it so much more fun 🙂
5. A walk in the park: The air is brisk and clean, it’s cool but not too cold, gorgeous hues of reds, yellows, and oranges are your scenery, you feel and hear the crunch of fallen leaves under your feet all while enjoying quality time with your boo. It just doesn’t get better than this!
6. Just like we enjoy festivals in the summer, there are some great ones in the fall. Take the time to enjoy outside going to the last festivals and outside events of the year before you can’t!
7. A drive in movie: Pack up your favorite snacks and go to your nearest drive in movie. It’s the perfect chance to snuggle with your love under a nice warm blanket.
8. Corn mazes, hay rides, and haunted houses oh my! – Halloween brings so many fun activities. It’s fun to see how your man or lady will react when they are startled by something jumping out at them! LOL This is great for groups too.
9. Chair lifts at your local ski resort – I have never done this but just read about it. What a great idea! Ski resorts will operate their chair lifts during this time of year so that you can see the gorgeous foliage from a bird’s eye view. This sounds like a lot of fun.
10. Go to a football game! Local teams, college, or NFL. There’s nothing like fall and football, and tailgating. Enjoy the game!
What’s your favorite date in the fall?