*Comes up for air* It has been a while since I’ve done a post! Life has been super busy. I miss having the time to blog but school has definitely eaten up a lot of my time. How are all of my lovely readers?
I cannot believe that it is almost November. Time has FLOWN! I can’t believe the year is almost over. We all know that Black Friday is one of the biggest shopping days of the year. I want to give you some tips for this year. The way sales are advertised for black friday can often cloud our judgement. Black friday can be a great day to shop, but can be the beginning of a vicious cycle if you aren’t careful!
1. Only buy what you need, and little of what you want. That $150 32″ TV is a great deal, but are you buying it because you need or do you just really want to get the deal?
2. Do your best to not use credit. You don’t want to be paying on those ‘great deals’ this time next year. Moreover, if you let the purchases sit on your credit card, you will pay more if you think about interest!
3. Create a list and a budget and stick to it, especially if you are shopping for Christmas gifts. This will keep you organized and you are less likely to spend more money than you have. If it helps, create a range of how much you want to spend on a gift (example: Ken, sneakers, $45-$60)
4. Pace yourself. If you can’t get up at 5am or stay awake until midnight, don’t sweat it! That time can be spent with loved ones or sleeping off that delicious thanksgiving meal. Stores will market deals for early morning or late night. What they won’t tell you is sometimes they will extend those ‘early bird’ sales for the entire day. (New York & Company does this a lot!)
5. Black friday is not the best shopping day of the year. Don’t only bank on this day to go shopping. After Christmas sales often have even better deals.
Bonus: Don’t want to wait in line or deal with the crowds? Wait for Cyber Monday! This is personally my favorite part of Black Friday. There are some great deals and if you combine it with Ebates bonus cash back you will rake in the savings!
Happy shopping! Who goes out for black friday shopping? I am not a huge fan…my hubby and I will go out at midnight to people watch lol Until next time xoxo